It’s a familiar story – but it’s a great one too. As soon as a relatively new vaper has got used to their e-cig, they’re ready to start experimenting and, from there, begin specialising with their device; whatever that will specifically mean to them. For some, this means searching here, there and everywhere for the most fantastic flavour possible (according to their own individual tastes, of course); for others, it’s all about achieving something purer when it comes the exhale – in short, what they’re after is the most satisfying clouds possible. The biggest and, you better believe it, fullest clouds possible.
These vapers, once they know what they’re doing and become adept at achieving their favourite aspect of the vaping experience, have become known as cloud chasers. For them the experience is driven by producing mean, grand vapour, And then some. In fact, some of them are even referred to as ‘professional vapers’ and that’s because these enthusiasts are enthusiasts to such an extent they compete against others in different locations (some of them throughout the world), aiming as they do so to generate the largest or most creative and beguiling vapour clouds they can. In these instances, it may sometimes be all about size or it may be about creating supreme shapes or ridiculously cool ripples from the exhaled vapour.
Yet, of course, many more cloud chasers still aren’t ‘professional’ at all; they look on maintaining their e-cigs – and developing them – so they might produce exactly the clouds they want as a hobby. In which case then, what specific e-cig do you need to become a successful cloud chaser…?
- Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser (RDA) – yes, no question, for the coolest, grandest clouds, an RDA is absolutely necessary, should you be able to get your hands on one; it’s hardly essential for workaday vaping, sure, as it puts the onus on the vaper to build and attach coils themselves and then drip a small amount of e cig liquid on the coils’ wick for a mere short, few puffs (but the clouds can be magnificent!)
- high VG e-liquid – for cloud chasing, don’t doubt it, your best bet is definitely e cig juice in the form of high vegetable glycerine (VG) e-liquid; find the right one and it won’t just result in great clouds but fantastic flavours too (do check out the terrific range on our website)
- the right battery – understandably, the temptation here is to go all out with the most powerful battery you set your eyes on, but the truth is that may not be the best course of action because you also have to ensure the battery’s going to be the right fit with your e-cig, safety-wise, so always keep your batteries (the spare ones) in a case and be sure to follow the guidelines provided by their manufacturer
- Mods – these are important additions to an e-cig for any cloud chaser as, whether you’re looking to use an RDA or a sub-ohm tank, it’s a good, decent mod you’ll have to call into action to ensure the device can deal with super low electrical resistance; be aware, though, that while mods are powerful they’re necessarily complex too, so definitely read the manual and do a bit of online research first for best practice!
- Wicking – finally, the last key component is the wicking, which admittedly will require a good deal of research and experimentation to hit on exactly what’s going to work best for you; indeed, it’s possible to ‘wick’ coils with low resistance in many different, exciting ways, so just remember to provide decent airflow as you’re playing around with them and you’ll doubtless eventually discover what you’re after.
Finally (really this time,), it’s worth bearing in mind all the way along the process of experimentation and discovery that, yes, cloud chasing is far from the easiest thing to successfully do with an e-cigarette. So, without doubt then, practice and patience are definitely watch-words here. Good luck – and have fun!