Tips in Getting a Throat Hit When Vaping - What to Know
It’s one thing to start vaping, and it’s another to have a throat hit. When it comes to vape, the goal is to get a nudge at the back of your throat to have an optimal vaping experience. It’s more than just enjoying the vapour and nicotine. It’s about feeling the slightly irritating bite to the back of your throat when inhaling and about striking a balance between throat hit, puffing clouds, and exploring flavours. That is where the concept of throat hit comes into play in vaping.
What exactly is throat hit? We’ll answer this in the following section. Keep on reading to get valuable tips in getting either a strong or gentle throat hit for a satisfying vaping experience.
The throat hit in a nutshell
The term ‘throat hit’ refers to the sensation it gives you on the back of your throat when inhaling. There are two sensations you may want to experience: a strong throat hit and a gentle throat hit. A strong throat hit may appear similar to cigarette smoking, where it’s quite irritating to the back of your throat just enough to make you cough. On the other hand, a gentle throat hit is much less harsh when inhaling. This occurs when the vapour goes down smoothly, which doesn’t cause much of a sensation on your throat.
Getting a throat hit when vaping
There are several ways to tweak your throat hit based on your preference and taste. Getting that sort of throat hit is relatively simple and straightforward. Follow the simple steps below for both a strong and gentle throat hit:
For a Stronger Throat Hit:
- Have a higher-nicotine juice. It’s better to have more nicotine so that you can have a stronger throat hit.
- Select a higher-PG blend. A roughly 50/50 PG/VG mix is suitable for sub-ohm tank and mod. For a basic tank system, opt for a bit more PG.
- Increase power or temperature. More power or high temperature can augment your existing throat hit.
- Opt for a menthol juice. You should try some menthol flavours as they boost throat hit.
- Reduce airflow. Less airflow results in a more concentrated, hotter vape, leading to a punchier throat hit.
- Use a different wick. Cotton may be the common thing, but you should try a hemp wick to give your throat a punch.
For a Gentler Throat Hit:
- Reduce nicotine strength. Lower nicotine is much preferred for a gentle throat hit.
- Use higher-VG liquids. This is preferred as the throat hit is smooth at anything over 70 per cent VG.
- Minimize your power setting. Lower-power vaping keeps the vapour cool, and the throat hit much more gentle.
- Go for a sweet flavour. You can try sweet, creamy, or bakery e-juices for a smooth throat hit.
- Open up your airflow. Doing so makes the vapour cooler and less concentrated.
- Stick with cotton wicks. They are subtle for the throat than other wicking materials.
Many vapers emphasize on experimenting with flavours and forming bigger clouds. In doing so, the throat hit seems to be taking a back seat. What many vapers fail to realize is how throat hit can take their vaping to a whole new level experience. Whether you hope to achieve a strong or gentle throat hit, consider the vaping tips mentioned above. These will significantly improve your overall vaping experience.
If you are looking for the best e-juice in the UK, visit our vape online store and start shopping today!