What amount of pg and vg should i use for my vape?
One of the ongoing debates about vaping is how much propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine you should have in your vape juice? Here, your questions will be answered.
One of the great things about vaping is how it can be so tailored to the tastes of the user. Whether it’s in a sweet or savoury flavour, the nicotine content or simply the amount that they vape, vape juice is completely flexible in its applications. That’s why there are so many questions about the use of PG and VG. These two components make up the majority of the vape juice we inhale, and finding the right balance between the two is crucial to full enjoy a vape session. There are so many variations however that it can be hard to choose which one is for you. Below you can find everything you’ll need to know about propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine in vape juice.
Main ingredients of E Liquid
E Liquid has several ingredients. These are propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, nicotine and flavourings. The nicotine is the main ingredient which is used for the cessation of smoking tobacco, due to it being the addictive substance within tobacco. The flavourings are used to make the e-juices wide variety of tastes. The nicotine and the flavourings only make up 5 percent of what goes into e-cigarettes, whilst the other 95 percent is made up of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine.
What is propylene glycol
Propylene glycol is one of the main ingredients used by e-liquid suppliers and manufacturers when making vape juice. It is a compound which is both viscous and colourless. One of the main reasons for the use of propylene glycol within e liquid is down to the fact that it can be mixed with many different solvents. This has led to it being the compound in products as wide ranging as acetone, chloroform and as the vapour from e liquid, water. Propylene glycol is used in food processing, which is partly why it can be mixed with the food flavourings used in vape juice so easily.
What is vegetable glycerine?
A sub division of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine is used in a variety of ways around the world. The chemical make-up is found in all fatty acids and organic matter. This is the organic component which is found in many foodstuffs, used in drinks, as a thickening agent in liqueurs and is used in many other food processes. The component acts as a food additive in much of today’s food processing plants and is therefore easy and non-toxic to use in the production of vape.
Although it has a different function to Propylene glycol, the two works in tandem together within vape juice. With different mixes available, it is up to you to decide what you want out fo yours and to explore the vast range of mixes of vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol which are available within vape juices.
What does propylene glycol do in vape juices?
With Propylene glycol, you’ll find a base for vape juices which is thinner and easy to fill up. The lack of density to it is the very reason many prefer it as their base. This makes it less prone to the build-up of sludge and gunk within your device and therefore easier to clean. It is also easy to absorb by wick material and so has you vaping faster than vegetable glycerine. In a vape liquid containing a larger ratio of PG to VG, you’ll find a stronger taste and more satisfying throat hit than vegetable glycerine.
What does vegetable glycerine do in vape juices?
Vegetable glycerine is a far higher density than propylene glycol and therefore creates a thicker cloud. This is the higher ratio for those who are looking for a vape juice with which to create larger vape clouds, say for competitions or for your own amusement. There is also a sweeter taste to vegetable glycerine before you even begin to add sweeteners to it and this makes it far sweeter when the other ingredients are added. On top of this, vegetable glycerine delivers less of a throat hit due to it being less warm than propylene glycol when vaporised.